Adapting and experimenting always yields results in the kitchen, and this time I’m aiming for a low carb grilled ham and cheese. Grilled Ham & Cheese – Keto Bites – You must try this recipe. Keto, Low carb, Sugar free
Low-Carb Mini Buns:
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Grilled Ham & Cheese:
- 3 mini buns pieces (low-carb)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Measure out your almond flour, salt, and baking powder into a small mixing bowl and mix it well.
- Measure out 1 1/2 Tbsp. Butter and 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil into a microwave safe container.
- Microwave the butter and coconut oil for 20 seconds to get it melted. Add it to the almond flour mixture.
- Mix the flour and butter mixture together (you should have something that resembled dough).
- Crack 2 eggs and scramble them until combined.
- Add your eggs to the almond flour dough and mix well.
- Add your 1 tsp. coconut flour and mix well, this should thicken up the mixture.
- Measure your mixture out evenly between 8 slots in a cupcake tray. They should not fill up the tray very much, about 3/4 of an inch.
- Put them in the oven for 18-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Once they become golden brown on the edges, you can remove them.
- Allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes and remove them from the cupcake holes.
Grilled Ham & Cheese
- Use a sharp bread knife to carefully cut the bread into halves.
- In a hot pan, place your slices of deli meat (I ripped them up into halves). You just need to crisp them up so it doesn’t matter what shape they’re in. We can fix them later.
- When they get crispy, remove them from the pan.
- Stack your cheese up, 1 slice of muenster, 1 slice of cheddar, 1 slice of muenster, and 1 slice of cheddar. Cut this up into quarters.
- Put the ham and cheese in between your low carb buns.
- In a pan, start to get butter heated up on medium high heat.
- When the butter is starting to turn brown, turn your heat down to medium low. Add your cheese & ham sandwiches.
- If you have a weight, you can use it.
- Once you start to smell the bread slightly burning, it’s time to flip them over.
- Let them cook for a few more minutes allowing the top to get crisp.
- Remove them from the pan and enjoy!
Nutritional values (per 1 sandwich)