This is the best pumpkin bread you’ll ever eat. I have been making this recipe for years and I always get asked for the recipe. It has a yummy cream cheese filling in the middle of the loaf.
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
- 2 cups almond flour (200g / 7.1 oz)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter / virgin coconut oil (55g / 2 oz)
- 4 large eggs, free-range or organic
- 1/2 cup Erythritol (non GMO) or other healthy low-carb sweetener (80g / 2.8 oz)
- 15-20 drops liquid Stevia extract (Cinnamon / Clear)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, home-made or canned, BPA-free (150g / 5.3 oz)
- 3 cups cream cheese (600g / 1.32 lbs / 21.2 oz)
- 1 large egg, free-range or organic
- juice from 1/2 average orange (45 ml / 1.5 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup Erythritol, non GMO, or other healthy low-carb sweetener (40g / 1.4 oz)
- 10-15 drops liquid Stevia extract (Cinnamon / Clear)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, home-made or canned, BPA-free (100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp natural orange extract or more orange zest
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 300 °F. In a bowl, mix blanched almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cream of tartare and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, Erythritol and stevia.
- Transfer the egg mixture into the first bowl with the dry ingredients and process well. Spoon in the pumpkin puree and mix in well. You can either use fresh pumpkin to make your own puree or use canned pumpkin puree.
- Juice and zest half of an orange and add the peel to the mixture.
- In another bowl, prepare the cheesecake topping by mixing the cream cheese, egg, orange juice, Erythritol and stevia.
- Add natural unsweetened orange extract, preferably propylene glycol-free.
- Spoon the bread batter into a baking dish suitable for bread and distribute evenly using a ladle.
- Add a layer using half of the cheese mixture on top of the bread batter and spread evenly.
- Mix the remaining cheese mixture with the pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
- Gently spoon the pumpkin cheese mixture on top and spread evenly. Transfer into the oven with a water bath and bake for 50-60 minutes. Keep an eye on the bread, as it may get burnt on top.
- When done, open the door of the oven and let the bread slowly cool down. When it reaches room temperature, carefully remove from the baking dish and start serving!
- Placing the bread in the fridge for a couple of hours or even overnight will make it firm and easier to cut.
Note: This recipe requires not only low heat but also moisture in the oven. The reason for using a water bath is to prevent the top of the bread from drying. Simply place another tray or a baking dish filled with a cup or two of water into the oven while baking the bread. Depending on the size of your loaf pan, if you have any batter left, use muffin molds for the rest.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||12.8||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6.9%), protein (12.5%), fat (80.6%)
Recipe: Martina Slajerova