So simple and so versatile. Pile these rich and tasty little keto bites onto a platter for appetizers. Or let them play a supporting role to your favorite meat or fish entrée. However you do it, get ready for some hearty, earthy deliciousness Keto Stuffed Mushrooms!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 12 mushrooms
- 8 oz. bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start by frying the bacon until really crispy. Let cool and crush into crumbs. Save the bacon fat.
- Remove the mushroom stems and chop them finely. Sauté in the bacon fat, adding butter if needed.
- Place the mushrooms in a greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the crumbled bacon with the fried, chopped mushroom stems and the remaining ingredients. Add some of the mix to each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms turn golden brown.
Note: Not just for dinner anymore! These beautiful little bites also help fill out breakfast. Try them with creamy scrambled eggs or a cheesy omelet.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Recipe: Martina Slajerova