A true keto salad classic. In our version, we don’t skimp on the dressing or the parmesan cheese!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. bacon
- 7 oz. Romaine lettuce
- 1 oz. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped filets of anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped. (optional)
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk or an immersion blender. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil or melted butter on top. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 min or until fully cooked through. You can also cook the chicken on the stove top if you prefer.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Shred the lettuce and place as a base on two plates. Place sliced chicken and the crispy, crumbled bacon on top.
- Finish with a generous dollop of dressing and a good grating of parmesan cheese.
Note: This recipe works great with chicken left overs or with a store bought rotisserie chicken as well.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Per Serving: 993 calories; 864 47