Here’s a good keto bread option, baked with almond and coconut flour. It’s compact and very satisfying. One or two slices with plenty of toppings will go a long way.
Ingredients (makes 20 servings)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 5 1⁄3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup flaxseed
- ¼ cup ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds or ground caraway seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup melted butter or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature, that way it blends better.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the seeds for the topping (poppy or sesame seeds) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the batter and mix thoroughly. Place the dough in a greased bread pan, about 4 x 7 inches (non-stick or use parchment paper).
- Bake for about 45 minutes on the lower rack in the oven. Prick the bread with a knife to see if it’s ready, it should come out clean. Take it out of the oven and remove the bread from the form.
- Remove the parchment paper and let the loaf cool on a rack. If the loaf is allowed to cool in the form the crust will be soggy.
- Serve it freshly baked with your favorite toppings.
Serving suggestions: This bread is great for toasting and can also be used to make your favorite sandwiches. Fill it with bacon, lettuce and tomato for an awesome BLT or serve it as a side to your favorite low-carb or keto soup.
Nutritional values (one slice of bread)
223 calories; 202 6