Love waffles? Adore bananas? Waffles plus bananas equals perfection as far as we’re concerned! Try these delicious, dairy-free low-carb waffles and kick off your day in an awesome way. We love them!
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let sit for a while.
- Make in a waffle maker or fry in a frying pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Serve with hazelnut spread or whipped coconut cream and some fresh berries, or just have them as is with melted butter. You can’t go wrong!
Nutritional values (one waffle)
Per Serving: 155 calories; 134 5
Note: Got extra ripe bananas? Make more waffles and freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy future morning. Wrap each pancake individually in plastic wrap for easy defrosting. Here’s how to whip coconut cream. Let a can of coconut milk sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to separate the cream from the water. Open the can carefully and remove the cream part with a spoon. Place in a bowl and whisk with a hand blender for a few minutes. Save the coconut water for use in smoothies.