This strawberry cream pie is the stuff of dreams, with a delicious keto strawberry mouse filling in an almond flour shortbread crust. Easy to make and only 4 net carbs per slice.
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tsp grassfed gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in melted butter until dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to even out the bottom. Freeze while making the filling.
- In a blender or a food processor, puree the strawberries with the water. Transfer to a medium saucepan and whisk in the gelatin. Set over medium low heat and bring to just a simmer, whisking to dissolve the gelatin. Let cool 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Beat until it holds stiff peaks.
Pour in cooled strawberry mixture and beat until blended. Spoon into the prepared crust and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and fresh berries.
Nutritional values (per 1 slice (1/10th of pie))
233 calories; 21.1 g6.2 g g