Bulletproof Fat Bombs taste like frozen creamy mocha smoothie. Add a splash of rum or rum extract and they resemble Tiramisu.
Ingredients (makes 20 servings)
- 1 cup creamed coconut milk or mascarpone cheese or full-fat cream cheese (250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter, grass-fed or extra virgin coconut oil (56 g / 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp MCT oil or Brain Octane Oil or more coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or Swerve, powdered, or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (40 g / 1.4 oz)
- 10-15 drops liquid Stevia extract
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or caffeine-free chicory coffee (120 ml / 4 fl oz)
- optionally: 1 tsp rum extract
- Place the softened creamed coconut milk (or mascarpone cheese), butter or coconut oil, MCT oil and cocoa powder.
- Add powdered Erythritol and stevia into a blender and pulse until smooth. I’m using my Kenwood mixer with a blender attachment.
- Pour in the prepared coffee (room temperature or lukewarm, not hot) and pulse again until smooth. Pour into the into the ice-cream maker (I use Cuisinart) and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It may take anything between 30-60 minutes depending on your ice-cream maker. Using an ice-cream maker makes the texture smoother & creamy and also allows me to form the “bomb” shapes.
*Tips when you don’t have an ice-cream maker: Pour the mixture directly into an ice tray or small muffin tin. You should be able to fit ~ 2 tablespoons per fat bomb or make smaller fat bombs. You can also use 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder instead of 1/2 cup of coffee. The mixture will be thicker and you won’t need an ice-cream maker.*
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice-cream into ice tray (I used this Ball Shaped Lollypop Tray) which is great for making fat bomb shapes. I used the same one in my Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
Nutritional values (per serving / 1 piece)
Per serving: 77 calories; 8.1 g0.5 g 0.8 g