Some of you asked for a coconut-free taste, so I didn’t use any coconut butter for this recipe. I still used coconut oil and mixed in vanilla to eliminate any coconut taste. I also used macadamia nuts, which have the best fat profile from all nuts and are very keto-friendly.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, unsalted (130 g/ 4.6 oz)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (55 g/ 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter or more coconut oil (55 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (you can make your own)
- Optional: 10-15 drops Stevia extract
- 2 tbsp powdered Erythritol, Swerve or other healthy low-carb sweetener (20 g / 0.7 oz)
- Place the macadamia nuts into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Mix with softened butter and coconut oil (room temperature or melted in a water bath).
- Add powdered Erythritol, stevia vanilla extract – I like to use real vanilla beans, as they add amazing flavour!
To “powder” the Erythritol, simply place it in a blender and pulse until fine. I always have 1-2 cups of powdered Erythritol ready to be used.
- Pour into mini muffin forms or an ice cube tray. You should be able to fill each one about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture to get 14 servings. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and let it solidify.
- When done, keep refrigerated. Coconut oil and butter get very soft at room temperature.
Nutritional values (per fat bomb)
132 calories; 14.4 g1.6 g 0.79 g