The combination of MCT oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and coconut butter makes for a perfectly smooth chocolate bomb with loads of healthy fats and no gut-irritating dairy. However, we love a little crunch in our chocolates so I added some shredded coconut and they are just perfect.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter melted
- 1/4 cup MCT Oil
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 cup Collagen Protein
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 scoops Prebiotin Prebiotic Fiber
- 1/4 tsp Monk Fruit
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Lakanto Sweetener optional (see note)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Place chocolate molds of your choice on a flat surface that will fit in your fridge/freezer. I use a small rimmed baking dish and silicone chocolate molds (makes removing the fat bombs much easier). Set aside.
- Combine the melted cocoa butter, coconut oil, coconut butter, MCT oil, and peppermint extract. Whisk to combine everything until smooth.
- Add in the collagen, cocoa powder, prebiotic fiber, monk fruit, salt, and Lakanto (if using). Whisk to combine everything until smooth. Add in the shredded coconut and stir to combine.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a container with a pour spout (not required but makes pouring into the molds much easier). Fill the molds completely and put them in the fridge or freezer. Fridge will take longer to set up, freezer will be done in under 30 minutes.
- Remove fat bombs from the molds and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 month or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating to allow them to soften a little.
Note: We don’t use the extra Lakanto sweetener in these because we feel they’re sweet enough with just the monkfruit and prebiotic fiber (which adds a touch of sweet), but if you’re not a fan of super dark chocolate, add the Lakanto.
Nutritional values (per serving 1 fat bomb)
87 calories; 8 g1 g 2 g