These lemon cupcakes are like summer in your mouth! Bursting with fresh and tangy lemon flavor, these eye-catching treats are topped with elegant swirls of sweet raspberry cream cheese frosting. These tantalizing cupcakes are so light and flavorful that no one will guess that they’re ketogenic!
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
For the lemon cupcakes:
- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
For the raspberry frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- ¾ cup unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, sweetener, and zest until combined.
- Whisk melted butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should form into coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and stir until incorporated. The batter will begin to stick together.
- Add almond milk, vanilla, and lemon extract and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Carefully fill the prepared cupcake papers until they are about ¾ full—about 2 heaping tablespoons for each cupcake.
- Place cupcakes in preheated oven and bake for 29-32 minutes or until the cupcake bounces back when pressed.
- Let cupcakes cool on a rack until they reach room temperature before frosting.
- In a large bowl, whip together cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer.
- Blend in sweetener and frozen raspberries until combined.
- Add whipping cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Using a piping bag, frost cupcakes as desired.
Note: The stevia erythritol blend we use in this recipe is twice as sweet as sugar—one teaspoon of the blend is as sweet as two teaspoons of sugar. If using a different sugar-free sweetener, adjust amount accordingly.
Nutritional values (per serving)
336.67 calories; 30.51 g5.76 g 8.91 g