These mini vanilla cloud cakes are a sweet and delicate treat for any occasion. The fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting melts in your mouth with every bite. The cake is actually based off of cloud bread- a popular low-carb bread made primarily from eggs and cream cheese.
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 6 Tbsp. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia/erythritol mix
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 2 muffin tins with an oil of choice. Then in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla extract, sweetener, and egg yolks until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Next, carefully fold the whipped egg whites into the yolk mixture. Be careful to not deflate the whites when doing so.
- Scoop about two tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, remove the cake from the muffin tins and place on a cooling rack.
- While the cakes are cooling, combine all frosting ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer frosting to pastry bag with wide tip.
- Set aside 3 layers for each cake and then pipe frosting in between each layer of cake.
Nutritional values (per serving-each cake)
323.75 calories; 29.72 g4.46 g 8.9 g