With Valentine’s Day around the corner, why don’t you surprise your loved one with these. Or make a batch and keep as your private fat bomb stash in the freezer. These are the best Low-Carb Mint Chocolate Strawberry Fat Bombs! They are dairy free and gluten-free with 1g of net carbs – only 5 ingredients.
Ingredients (makes 9 servings)
Top Strawberry layer:
- 1 strawberry (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
Bottom chocolate layer:
- 1/4 tsp mint flavor
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 oz chocolate chips (sugar-free)
- Place coconut milk and strawberries in a microwave safe bowl or jug and heat for 30-45 secs. The mixture will be runny.
- Crush up the strawberries with a spoon or fork so they break up and the mixture turns pink.
- Leave some strawberry chunks for texture.
- Remove the chocolate moulds from the freezer and check it has hardened (around 15 minutes)
- Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the chocolate layer (another quarter inch or 1/2 cm)
- Place in freezer to harden for at least 20 minutes or longer if possible.
- Place the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl or jug and melt in 20-30 second intervals, until runny.
- Stir well after each microwave burst to ensure chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Add mint flavor and stir through.
- Pour chocolate mixture into moulds to about 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm
- Place in freezer to solidify for 15-20 minutes
Note: If you are using 85-90% cocoa chocolate or higher you may need to add a tablespoon of erythritol or stevia glycerite to the chocolate mixture after melting it.
Nutritional values (per serving-1 fat bomb)
70 calories; 6 g8 g 1 g