These donuts end up being extremely moist. A crunchy outside with a pudding-like texture on the inside, sounds fantastic and really good taste are.
Ingredients (makes 24 mini donuts)
Pink Keto Icing:
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops red food coloring
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Red Velvet Donuts:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk (from the carton)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Mix all dry ingredients together for the donut batter.
- In a seperate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients for the donut batter (melt coconut oil if needed).
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing together well until consistent.
- Once mixture is thoroughly combined, pour the mixture into a plastic bag.
- Slice a small hole in the plastic bag and use it to pipe the batter into each indent of your mini donut tray (about 3/4 full).
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you’re making larger size donuts, it will take 18-20 minutes.
- While the donuts are in the oven, create the icing. Start by using a coffee or spice grinder to powder the erythritol.
- Once powdered, add the other ingredients and stir together until everything is combined.
- Once out of the oven, dunk each donut and decorate how you want. You can let the icing harden by placing in the refrigerator.
Nutritional values (per serving-1 mini donuts)
58.25 calories; 5.34 g0.72 g 1.54 g