This are easy baked almond flour donuts covered with a chocolate peanut butter glazing! Baked low carb donuts are your healthy treat with clean eating approved, paleo, dairy free, gluten free.
Ingredients (makes 6 donuts)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk (or another millk)
- 1/4 cup sugar free crystal sweetner (monk fruit or erythritol)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate (stevia sweetened or 85% cocoa)
- Pre-heat oven to fan bake 360F
- Oil a non stick 6-cavity donuts pan with vegetable oil of your choice or coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, baking soda and apple cider vinegar. *Just 30 seconds to combine everything together and bet eggs.
- Stir in almond meal and sugar free crystal sweetener. Combine until it forms a donuts dough – about 1 minute.
- Fill each donuts hole up to 3/4 to leave some space for the donuts to raise.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of donuts comes out clean and the top is set and golden/brown.
- Cool down to room temperature on a rack, before adding the chocolate peanut butter glazing.
- In a small bowl, add sugar free chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil (microwave by 30 seconds burst, stir and repeat until the mixture is fully melted, it shouldn’t take more than 1 minute).
- Dip each donuts up side down into the glazing – make sure you dip the side that was in contact with the donuts pan.
- Place each donuts on a plate or cooling rack – side with no glazing sitting on the rack – to cool down.
Note: You can store them in the pantry, they stay softer or for a dense donuts as from the shop, store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Nutritional values (per 6 serving)
205 calories; 15.9 g7.5 g 8.2 g