In this muffins are both beef and pork as well as veggies in them but also eggs to hold everything together well. They’re easy to make and easy to eat. They’re low in carbs and suitable for both a Paleo and Ketogenic diet. You can make these mini spinach meatloaves in advance and keep them in the fridge for a few days to eat so you don’t have to be cooking every day.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small onion 55 g (diced)
- 1/4 lb (113 g) ground beef
- 1/4 lb (113 g) ground pork or ground turkey
- 1/3 lb (140 g) fresh spinach (chopped small)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) almond or coconut milk
- Coconut oil (to saute in)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Saute the meat, diced onions, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. When the meat is cooked, add in the chopped spinach and saute for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Place muffin cup liners into a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauté with the whisked eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and almond or coconut milk.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes until each muffin is pretty solid. *Cook for longer if the muffins are still liquidy.
Nutritional values (per 6 muffins)
430 calories; 30 g7 g 30 g