Egg salad is great for work lunches, picnics, or even paired with fat head bagels for brunch. You can put it put a couple tablespoons on top of some baby spinach or kale. There is some minor meal prep for boiling eggs as well as cutting and chopping ingredients, but this is relatively fast and easy to make.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 medium eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 medium avocado (halved)
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup medium green onions
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a frying pan. Cook bacon to desired crispness, then set aside to cool on paper towels.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and place them in a bowl. Chop the green onions.
- Add in mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Mash using a fork or potato masher until desired consistency.
- Spoon the avocado from the halves into the egg salad.
- Mash the avocado into the egg salad.
- Stir in the hot sauce and chopped bacon.
Nutritional values (per each serving)
271.28 calories; 23.68 g2.13 g 10.5 g