I thought that the coffee would enhance the chocolate flavor, I decided I wanted to add some coffee to the batter to create a rich mocha flavor as well as bring a nice rich flavor to the cheesecake layer. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s really easy to make. And you can easily change up some of the basic spices to mix up the flavors.
Ingredients (makes 16 bars)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon instant coffee
- ½ cup Cocoa
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup erythritol
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup erythritol
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, and grease a 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix unsalted butter and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until well combined. Then mix in the 3 large eggs.
- In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients of almond flour, instant coffee, baking cocoa, salt, erythritol, and baking powder. Then, whisk the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Place ¼ cup of batter aside to use later.
- Add the larger portion of batter into the 8×8-inch baking pan. The batter will be thicker than traditional brownie batter.
- In a mixing bowl: blend the room temperature cream cheese, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and ½ cup erythritol until smooth. Spread on top of the brownie layer.
- Using the ¼ cup of brownie batter, mix into the top layer of cream cheese to create a top brownie crust. This layer should be very thin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. When finished, let the cheesecake bars to be fully cooled, when cutting the slices.
Nutritional values (per each bar)
232 calories; 21.15 g3.24 g 6.12 g