The low carb tortillas are so good so you can double them up for a heartier bite. When it comes to making low carb tortillas, nothing has worked quite is well as coconut flour has. Coconut flour also creates a tortilla-like texture and gives off minimal flavor. The amount will depend on your skillet size.
- 8 large eggs
- 10 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- Add egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder and water in a bowl. Mix that well, should be a uniform, watery mixture.
- Add seasonings and mix as you how much want.
- Heat a skillet (any size you want your tortillas to be) to low heat. Wait until the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray, and drop some of the mixture into the center.
- As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edge to spread the batter as thin as possible (you can always add more in the areas not covered).
- Cook for a couple minutes until it starts to rise/bubble or you lift it up and the other side has browned. Flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Repeat process until all the batter is cooked. The above mixture made 16 small taco sized tortillas.
Nutritional values (per each 16 tortillas)
75 calories; 1.5 g6 g 8.5 g