Delicious layered chocolatey keto bars with a nutty flavor, no nuts, grains or sugar. Completely keto with only 4 grams of net carbs.
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
Crust and Topping:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup birch-sourced xylitol
- 2 cups Manitoba Harvest (hemp hearts)
- ½ cup fancy shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 10 drops stevia (alcohol-free)
- 10 oz. (285 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup (118 mL) full-fat coconut milk
- Line a 9×9 baking sheet with parchment paper draping over all sides for easy lifting.
- Melt coconut oil and xylitol in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until xylitol granules have dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Add Manitoba Harvest (Hemp Hearts), shredded coconut, coconut flour and vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and combine with a spoon until the ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping, set aside.
- Transfer the base to the refrigerator while you continue with the fudge layer.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and coconut milk in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, frequently stirring until smooth. Stir in the stevia and set aside.
- Take the base out of the fridge. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon. If the bottom layer hasn’t totally set, a couple of hemp hearts will lift up and mix in with the chocolate, so take your time.
- Crumble the remaining hemp mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for best results, but does great out on display for hours!
Nutritional values (per serving)
301 calories; 28 g4.3 g 7.7 g