This (Mille) crepe is a classic French cake that consists of many layered crepes, low carb version uses cream cheese and almond flour, along with a dash of unsweetened soy milk.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 (large) eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 2 tbsp butter
- dash unsweetened soy milk
Filling and toppings:
- 6 (medium) strawberries
- artificial sweetener
- 100ml thick cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Prepare the crepe batter. In a food processor, combine the almond flour, cream cheese, eggs and sweetener. Mix until well combined. Add a dash milk and mix thoroughly. The consistency of the batter should be nice and thin, add more milk if required.
- Add a small amount of butter to a frying pan on low to medium heat. Ensure the butter coats the bottom of the pan. Once hot, add 2 tablespoons of batter and swirl the pan to achieve a thin layer that reaches all the outside edges.
- Cook until the edges are starting to brown and flip with a spatula. Cook the other side until a light brown color. Remove the crepe from the pan and set aside.
- Continue with the remaining batter. The batter should make around 6 thin crepes. Set all crepes aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare your filling. Use a food processor to whip the thick cream and add the vanilla essence and artificial sweetener to taste.
- Next, stack the cooled crepes evenly and cut in half with a sharp knife. Stack one half on top of the other, making a half circle shaped stack.
- Place one crepe on a serving plate and spread a thin layer of the cream filling on top. Place another crepe on top of this and repeat until the last crepe.
- Once finished, chill in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Finally, decorate with strawberries and cream on top and serve!
Nutritional values (per serving)
298 calories; 27 g5 g 6 g