This Jalapeño Cheese Keto Bread is low-carb, nut-free bread option to whip up for sandwiches, a snack, or simply a side. Simply leave off the jalapeños or swap them for pepperoni or any other pizza style topping of your choice. Keto, Low carb, Gluten free
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 heaped tbsp full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husks
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeños
- few sliced jalapeños for topping
- Serve with homemade Marinara Sauce or Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and Greek yogurt.
- Add coconut flour, psyllium husks, salt and baking powder.
- Once smooth stir in half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the diced jalapeños.
- Press the dough into a 2.5 cm/ 1 inch sphere on the baking sheet. Top with remaining cheese and additional jalapeños if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and fluffy. Cut into 8 squares.
- Serve warm or let it cool down (store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days).
Nutritional values (per serving)
92 calories; 5.7 g1.5 g 6.4 g