Layer of carrot cake followed by a layer of cheesecake and topped with a layer of traditional cream cheese makes a delicious keto treat!
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1½ cups granulated erythritol
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp whey protein isolate
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup erythritol
- 4 drops liquid sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Grease springform pan with butter or coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar into the heavy whipping cream and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sweetener. When the butter has lightened in color, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the almond flour, protein isolate, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the cream mixture. Add the carrots and walnuts, if using, and stir in by hand. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to push the batter against the sides of the pan, creating a well for the cheesecake filling. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use the mixer to blend the cream cheese, eggs, sweeteners and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Carefully pour the filling on top of the prepared cake batter, adding a little filling at a time. Spoon the filling around the center and out and at least ½ inch (1 cm) up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes, until the edges are browned and the center is set. When the center is set, turn off the oven, leave the oven door slightly open, and let cool for at least an hour. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to fully mix all the icing ingredients. Top the cake with the icing. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped, walnuts or a few shavings of fresh carrot if desired.
Nutritional values (per serving)
394 calories; 37 g4 g 8 g