These Homemade Keto Graham Crackers should be not overly sweet or highly flavoured, but with a kind of malty, cinnamon type flavour. They should be a study cracker and have fork marks on top, besides looks, enjoy in taste. Keto, Low carb
Ingredients (makes 24 crackers)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp granulated Swerve
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp molasses (it increases the carbs but only slightly, and that it is essential for that malty flavour)
- Combine almond flour, flaxmeal, salt, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add eggs and molasses to the creamed butter and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until a dough forms.
- Cut a piece of silicone paper the size of your baking tray (or two, if your trays are smaller). Place the dough ball on top and cover with a second sheet of silicone paper.cRoll out until the dough is about 5 mm/ 0.2″ thick.
- Score the dough with a knife, cutting it into squares. Prick each square with a fork in a repeating pattern. Place the sheet back on top and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 °F. Remove tray from freezer and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and switch oven off. Re-cut the lines in the crackers and move them apart on the tray.
- Return the tray to the cooling oven and leave it there for about 10 minutes. The crackers will crisp up further as they cool (store in a sealed container for up to 14 days).
Nutritional values (per cracker)
78 calories; 7.1 g2 g 2.1 g