These mini cheesecakes are great for many celebrations, but I’m sure you will love them too. For this cheesecakes I’ve used a special ingredient, freeze-dried fruit powder with no added sugar. Keto, Low carb
Ingredients (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)
- 11/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried blueberry powder
- cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup butter or virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp powdered Erythritol or Swerve
- 5-10 drops liquid Stevia extract (Clear – Vanilla – Coconut)
- 200 g full-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or (sour cream)
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol or (swerve)
- 4 tbsp freeze-fried strawberries (powdered)
- 10-15 drops liquid Stevia extract
- 2 tbsp gelatin leaves
- Place all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor.
- Add freeze-dried blueberry powder. Pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped. Don’t blend it too much.
- The crust batter should be crumbly, not as smooth as nut butter.
- Transfer the mixture in the mini cake molds and press it down. Place the molds in the fridge before the cheese filling is ready.
(I used mini cheese cake pan molds with removable bottom. If you don’t have one, use silicone muffin forms. Other forms are not recommended – you will need to be able to remove the cheesecakes after they are done)!
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling apart from the gelatin sheets. Put half of the mixture in another bowl and set aside.
- Place 2 gelatin sheets into a small plate and add a bit of water. In a small pan, bring 1/4 cup of water to boil and turn the heat off. Add softened and drained gelatin sheets and mix well until it disolves. Pour the gelatin mixture slowly into one of the bowls with cheese filling and incorporate well.
(If you are using powdered gelatin, use one envelope and follow the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Take the cake molds from the fridge and pour the mixture evenly into each of them. Place in the fridge before you prepare the last layer of cheese filling.
- Spoon the strawberry powder into the bowl with remaining cheese filling and mix well. Similarly to step 6, incorporate the remaining gelatin sheets and add the mixture slowly to the cheese filling while stirring.
- Take the cake molds from the fridge and carefully fill all of them with the last layer of cheese filling. Place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, or better overnight.
- Push the cakes out from the molds and and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container to prevent the edges from drying. Enjoy!
Note: Instead of gelatin powder you can use 2 tbsp or 2 envelopes gelatin powder, or 4 tbsp of agar flakes or 2 tsp agar powder. You can get berry powders from Amazon. If you don’t have freeze-dried fruit powder, you can substitute blueberry fruit powder with raw cocoa powder and strawberry fruit powder with 1 cup of fresh strawberries. If you have nut allergies, use desiccated coconut instead of macadamia nuts.