Meatballs are easy to make at home. Sounds pretty good, right? You’re probably wondering whether they are keto-friendly or not. Yes, they are, keto friendly with just 1g of carbs on 3 meatballs. Keto, Low carb, Gluten free
Ingredients (makes 18 meatballs)
- 1 egg
- 1 pound pork (ground)
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup zucchini (grated)
- 1 teaspoon (all purpose seasoning – Garlic and Herb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble ground meat into a large bowl.
- Using a medium grater, shred zucchini until you have about 1 packed cup full (don’t dry or remove water).
- Add grated zucchini to the bowl along with egg, seasoning, and salt.
- Mix with hands until just combined.
- Melt butter in a large heavy bottomed or cast iron skillet.
- Roll meat into 18 equal sized balls and place in skillet.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes then ﬂip and cook another 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Whisk together broth, mustard, and cream.
- Pour into skillet with meatballs and bring to a hard simmer for 5-10 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Nutritional values (per 3 meatballs)
414 calories; 451 28